Feb 9, 2011

Truly Innocent kids

I would narrate three real-life incidences pertaining to kids. It is really interesting to observe that how they see and correlate various things or statements. 

Incidence # 1: Hawaa (Wind)

One day I went on terrace with my son in the evening in summer in Ahmedabad. He must be of around 6 years of age. He asked me very gentle and genuine question after waiting for prolonged period of 2 minutes, like we also do. If not, then we should. “Why we came here?” he asked politely and innocently. I said “Thandi Hawa khane ke liye (We are here to enjoy the cool wind)”. What next? He opened his mouth to eat .......  This was the simple meaning. Did you know it? I did not. 

Incidence # 2: “Do not touch plant in the evening”

Again, in the evening of summer, in Ahmedabad (right), during same time (again you are right) I went with my son (hat trick by you in making guesses) at cross roads. I thought we will sit nearby few plants and would enjoy the gentle traffic, passing by people and vehicles. There was a small plant of tulsi (basil in English). He requested me to pluck few leaves of that plant. Because of our various conceived standard perception (scientific, religious, etiquette, social, etc.); I thought appropriate to say “no”. Then, he asked me very pertinent scientific question ‘why?”. One of the standard perceptions of one of those above-mentioned fields came to my rescue. I replied, “Because the plant is sleeping in the evening, so you should not even touch it”. Immediately, he said, “That is not possible. Because how come it sleep in this noise/traffic.” He had instantly correlated that my wife and I have been stopping him not to make noise when his younger sister is sleeping.  See the reaction time of a kid. Probably, faster than the reaction time of cricketers Jonty Rhodes or Mohammed Azharuddin. I was caught and bold by him. 

Incidence # 3: Yoga by kids

As I mentioned in the beginning, they are real incidences. Hence, there are more probabilities that kids around me would be the characters of these events.  Once upon a time in Vadodara; my son, my daughter and my niece were taking all the lovely possible advantage of their get-together. They were making other sophisticated civilized persons’ routine or life horrible by dhamal, masti and shor-bakor (loud voice clubbed with volume (I would not dare to say it ‘noise’, emotionally)). I took a corporate initiative to engage them. I said ‘come on, I will teach you yoga.’ Only one member should agree on this proposal to materialize. I was lucky enough. Then, I initiated. I asked them to sit in the standard sitting posture. I instructed them to close the eyes and pronounce ‘ommmm.....’ by holding breath for little longer period. I also dared to instruct them to concentrate. It lasted for 7-10 minutes with little disturbances, as anticipated. Finally, to my surprise, my niece felt sleeping and she slept there only. I could not imagine it. You also cannot imagine how much I was laughing. What would you say? Am I a good corporate initiator, a fantastic yoga teacher or magnificent child care-taker or a good spin bowler (as I have taken a wicket)?  

I would wait for your answer and comments.  Don’t stop yourself. Be innocent like kids.

Suresh Purohit (Su_hit)
February 9, 2011; 8 PM IST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your feedback/suggestion/comments here.