Feb 4, 2011

"So, how are you Rahul?"


My surrounding people (i.e. friends, relatives, colleagues, family members) know it very well about my this characteristics. I know it is difficult for you to guess, luckily. Ohhhh, I am referring to My style. Little different. Whenever I come across or meet the unknown person and I have no clue about his name. I come across them at tea-stall. I meet them at restaurant. I may meet them in bus or at bus stop. In train, at railway platform, or at shops, even. Now, how to address him? A big challenge. ‘Tenya’, ‘Chotu’, ‘Bhaiya’, ‘Party’, ‘Boss’, ‘Saheb’, ‘Chacha’, ‘Kaka’ ‘or ‘Lala’. The list will be long. We use this various word to address him.

I use the most relevant name for him. For example, I will say while looking at him ‘Rajesh, hamare liye do chai aur ek coffee lana’ (Rajesh, please bring two tea and a coffee). I will also use this phrase ‘Maheshbhai, humko aapki rickshaw mein us char rasta tak chod dena’ (Maheshbhai, please drop me in your auto at next cross-roads).

I have been using this technique since 2003 (that I can recall, as I was staying in Delhi at that time). So far it is good going. The opposite person have been also enjoying or liking this style. Many times, he is refreshed by this unusual conversation or salutation. I use it very safely and looking at the situation. If person does not like then I try to cover up nicely without hurting him.

In Dec-2010, I have taken a seat in shuttle rickshaw to go Ratna Sagar Cross Road (Meghaninagar) from Subhash Bridge in Ahmedabad. It’s a real fact. The rickshaw driver was very young and jolly. He would be of around 20-22 years. He started boasting. He started gossiping little bit (even little big) while driving. I also counter played the same, even though I am not good at it. Then, I said, “Come on, I know you. Your name is Manoj”. He was shocked. He opened his both eyes up to what level he could do. I said to me “he is acting”. Then, he said, “my name is Manoj. But how do you know”. While driving, he also tried to show me his hand with permanent tattoo to show the name Manoj. But after few seconds, he said it has become dull now. I was not sure what is happening. Still I managed to showcase confidence level, even though it was not a reality show airing on TV. Then he said “I will show my identity card at the end of your journey”. I was at ease, if possible.

Then I arrived at the stop. You reached to the climax. I asked him for his Identity card. Now, it is my turn to get shocked and pleased both. He was Manoj. Trust me! He was Manoj Chauhan.

I said to myself, It was about to happen one day. It took 7 years to locate right person. Now I was on the sky on that day and next day too. 7 years is too long, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your feedback/suggestion/comments here.