Jan 8, 2011

Keep Walking....

This is my first real blog. Coincidentally, I edited an article on ‘blogging’ authored by Rajesh Jain (Netcore Solution) in my first job with The Smart Manager magazine. Almost after 9 years or so, I am creating my own blog. I had never imagined while editing that article, that I will also use this medium as a platform for expression. The scale may be less. The number of readers may be low. But still see, how the technology has grown. I can recall that I wrote the opening lines as “nothing dies faster than an idea in the close mind”. Yes, indeed. The quote is still a part of mine.

Yesterday was one the most memorable days of my life. Analytically, it was 1500th and last day with Torrent Parivaar. I was so deeply engrossed with my projects, portfolio, department, colleagues, friends, culture, MyWeb and 'n' number of various drives/movements/activities/tasks, that I felt that my part of heart had stayed in there only. I could not ask that part to walk with me.  Or in Praful (of Khichdi)’s style, “main mujhko kah hi nahi paya”.

Again coincidentally, my colleagues have honoured me by a book called ‘Connect the Dots’. Awesome book. So thoughtful gift. In initial two pages the author Rashmi Bansal writes “Every experience in your life – whether ‘good’ or ‘bad’ – has made you what you are. ............  These are the unexpected turns on the journey of life. Which lead to a destination. So go out there and do more, learn more, experience more. Create lots and lots of dots on the canvas of your life. Paint boldly and brightly – the colours of your choice. Create a life which is like a work of art.”

My journey through walking had already commenced a long back. I don't know when. The above lines gave it jubaan (wordings). As I expressed, ‘Keep walking, keep learning, keep growing and keep smiling”. If you do not walk then you will not be able to explore. As someone has said “Manzil to mil hi jayegi bhatak kar hi sahi, Gumrah to wo hai jo ghar se nikale hi nahi”.

If you are not learning then you are as good as a dead soul. Learning will shape up your life. If you have goal it will give you the directions. If you have directions, it will give you goal. ‘Keep Growing’ has two contexts here. Physical growth - that is natural due to time. We are not making any great achievement by having it. Time is achieving the milestone, neither you nor me. Still we celebrate our birthdays. Should do. But not in this context. Second is mental growth – that is driven by our learning and application of it. How nice it would be if we can link this to our birthday celebration. I know, it sounds difficult.

Smile is such a fantastic gift of God that it does not cost the donor, but on the other side, it has tremendous value to the receivers. Spread the smile. That’s ultimate purpose of the life.

So, Let’s             
Keep walking --> Keep learning --> Keep growing --> Keep smiling.

See you again, very soon. Let me cherish my earlier journeys.
Su_hit (Suresh Purohit)
su_hit@rajshree.co.in

3 comments:

  1. Dear Suresh

    You might be surprised to see the comment from my side. But, I do like the way you have written. Best of luck for the same and keep on writing I am not good at that but will be a good audience and at times would be happy to comment as well.

    best of luck for the new dot you are going create at Rajshree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Milind,
    Yes, I am indeed surprised to see your comments, as it was not expected. Thanks for great comments.

    regards,
    Suresh Purohit
    Jan 23, 2011; 2.30 PM IST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really inspiring post , especially “Manzil to mil hi jayegi bhatak kar hi sahi, Gumrah to wo hai jo ghar se nikale hi nahi”. So true.

    ReplyDelete

Please post your feedback/suggestion/comments here.